As an open-sourced Content Management System since 2005, Umbraco offers its users flexibility and ease in creating their own website. The Umbraco Starter Kits give website developers, designers, owners and everyday people the necessary web development and content management tools to create a top-notch site.
If you´re a web designer wanting to build a flawless SEO-optimised site, or a web developer needing a site with dynamic performance, or just someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and a great idea, Umbraco has you covered. Our starter kit simplifies the process of launching a custom-made website for experienced web owners and aspiring designers by offering customisable elements and flexible layouts.
How does the Umbraco Starter Kit Work?
Umbraco Starter Kits are free, are built on Microsoft’s .NET framework, and are the ideal way to get acquainted with Umbraco CMS. They lay the groundwork for starting on your website design.
Installing the starter kit gives you a basic site that:
- Lets you explore the starter kit and teaches you how to set up Umbraco in the process.
- Shows you the options for creating content and the editing potential of Umbraco.
- Introduces you to the resources for upgrading the starter kit by providing lessons on customising the editing experience and adding features to your Umbraco site.
When you download the starter kit, it installs sample content for a small website. You can then modify the content, or choose to remove it and devise your content from the ground up. The sample content includes:
- A home page.
- A generic text page with multi-column layout options.
- A blog section for your site, including blog overview and blog posts.
- A product section, allowing you to feature your products that are ready for shop integration.
- A people section, with profiles to introduce your team.
- A contact page containing a contact form and a map that can be tailored to your business.
Enhanced Umbraco Templates
While you’re making your way through the starter kit, you may notice areas to enhance the site’s performance. The starter kit includes a section called Lessons which gives you step-by-step instructions on how to add specific features.
In addition, Uskinned is a website offering Umbraco enhancement elements. Uskinned’s CMS systems create responsive Umbraco themes that let you add your own colour, palette, logo, and content. This makes it easy to publish a responsive content-managed site in a short time.
Uskinned offers a guided-tour tutorial with amazing demos that let you experience every detail and component of the selected add-on feature. Uskinned’s full-service approach includes 24-hour support, hosting, design, theme setup, upgrades, maintenance and straightforward pricing.
With its supportive forum and open-source ASP.net CMS, Umbraco’s growing members’ community is the perfect alternative for everyday individuals looking to build a website. Besides, Umbraco Cloud can host your website to give you added peace of mind.
Umbraco’s Starter Kits are developed and maintained by Umbraco HQ. Its digital content manager with innovative features offers you the basic knowledge, tools, and resources you need to create an exciting website to market your entrepreneurial venture.